H. E. Dr. Obaid Saif Hamad Al Zaabi
Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
H. E. Dr. Obaid Saif Hamad Al Zaabi has over 25 years of work experience in financial legislation, accounting, banking, finance and investment, and shari’ah-compliant finance from many leading financial institutions in the United Arab Emirates, such as the U.A.E. Central Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, Amlak Finance, and the Securities and Commodities
- PhD in Finance and Banking from the UK-based Durham University, 2006.
- MBA with distinction, 2000.
- BSc in Business Administration and Accounting, 1989.
Memberships and Professional Qualifications
- Full member of the Australia-based Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA).
- Member of the U.S.-based Institute of Financial Consultants (IFC).
- Member of the U.A.E.-based Accountant and Auditors Association (AAA).
- Board member at the G.C.C. Accounting and Auditing Organization (GCCAAO).
- Member of the U.S.-based International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Member of the College of Business and Economics at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
- Member of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) in Malaysia.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from the United Kingdom.
- Certified Cost Accountant (CCA) from the U.S.-based American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM).
- Certified Islamic Professional Accountant (CIPA) from the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutes (AAOIFI) in Bahrain.
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Issuance and Legal Affairs at the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), 2014-2015.
- Advisor of Research and Studies, Awareness Program Section Head, and SCA’s Dubai Office Manager, 2008-2013.
- Senior Manager for International Business at Amlak Finance, 2007.
- Head of Follow Up and Supervision at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 2005-2007.
- Branch Manager at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 1998-2005.
- Branch Manager at Emirates Transport.
- Senior Financial Officer at the U.A.E. Ministry of Defence, 1990-1997.
- Internal Auditor at the U.A.E. Central Bank, 1990-1998.
- “Sheikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence”, 2006.
- “Best Branch Manager” Award in Dubai Islamic Bank, 1998.
- “Outstanding Impact Award in International Relations”, part of Al Forsan Employment Incentive Program, 2014.
- “Middle East Financial Markets Excellence Award”, The Middle East Excellence Awards Institute, 2016.
- “Distinguished Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) in the Financial Sector” Award Offered by the British Magazine “Finance Monthly”, 2016.